Sunday, July 5, 2009

Confucius Says (Cabernet Sauvignon)

“What the superior man seeks in himself; what the small man seeks in others” – Confucius

This afternoon as I was driving down the highway I knew that I did it again. I jammed a log in the gears of a conversation with somebody close to me because I expected them to do something that I, in my own way, wasn't doing. Wisdom of many traditions offers warnings and guidance as to the boogaboos of Expectations and Attachments. Until I reach the utopia where my own house is spic n span I’m better to keep my broom a sweepin’. Follow me while I sweep on over to one of my freshly uncovered treasures, Dante Reserve 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon. You're gonna like this!

Found for $6.99 at the local wine merchant from Michael Pozzan Winery. When I connect with a wine at this price with a glowing write-up I'm checking it out. To me this wine smells of dark fruit, is mildly astringent (14.9% alcohol content), and finishes with cedar and a spicy flavor. Some tasting notes indicated I wasn’t at home base (I never am!) but was definitely on the field. I drank this pretty, dark red Cab solo and also with a hearty mushroom Swiss bacon burger. I can imagine hooking it up with a multitude of culinary sins and think it'd be a killer choice for a party -- you'll score with your friends and it won’t empty your purse.

Since it’ll go swell with summer Q I’m offering another uncooked marinade recipe for you to try: 2 cups soy sauce, 1 cup pineapple juice, ½ cherry, 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar, 1 clove crushed garlic, ½ teaspoon ginger.

Confucius says Salute! and keep your eyes on your own glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment