Saturday, July 4, 2009

It all starts with a dream -- Happy 4th -- (Rosé)

“If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse” – Walt Disney

It’s such a nice day. A nice and wonderful mid-80s day for the 4th and we’re rarely so lucky here in the Puget Sound. I’m still enjoying the bottles of Paradisos del Sol Winery’s 2004 Rosé Paradiso that I found in the back of my wine cabinet. A friend teased me about drinking this "old" stuff but it drinks fine to me and friends I’ve shared it.

Since summer is all about the Q (at least in my family) I thought it’d be fun to share some easy recipes because girls can’t live on wine alone! Here’s a super easy recipe for an uncooked marinade: ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup sherry, 1/3 cup honey, ½ teaspoon powdered ginger. If you're a foodie you already know how to cook with one hand and hold a wine glass with the other.

This morning I saw a sculpture that a friend did, a cool little egg-sized clay creature. I didn’t know that 15-odd years ago she used to do a lot of sculpting and received a partial scholarship to Cornish. Her family wasn’t able to make up the difference so she wasn’t able to study. She’s a multi-talented girl and has created another successful opportunity for herself. This afternoon I was walking the beach and saw a yard sale so I scooted across the road to check it out. Met the guy who lives there, his name is Steve. With all the beach traffic today he decided to have some friends over and try to sell some nice wine glasses and body care products. He didn’t have any limoncello glasses (damn) but we had a nice conversation and I learned he also created a successful opportunity for himself.

Walt Disney’s dream fertilized dormant seeds of imagination and magic in the hearts of young and old. He made people smile and feel good. His creations still make people happy. Independence Day -- a chasm between fireworks, bbq, and beer and independence from the King of England. The United States of America -- land of the freer than most.

My glass is raised to dreams and all who have the courage to follow them. My glass is lowered to my heart to dreams and those afraid to follow them -- my prayer, that we all find the courage to do so. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment