Friday, July 10, 2009

Eat thy bread with joy. Drink thy wine with gladness

Two wines marked my day enjoying the company of two different friends.

Powers Syrah 2006
I found this wine to have the essence of dark fruit, crisp yet smooth, immediately fruity, and easy to drink. Would like this wine alone or with food. I had it with scallops wrapped with bacon, it was fine with this but I think I'd have really liked a wine with a wee bit more astringency to balance the richness of the scallops, bacon and sauce.

Cline Zinfindel 2007
This wine came to me as dark fruits and a bit peppery yet after finishing the glass I was left feeling a little ho hum. Definitely easy-drinking and versatile yet it lacked character to me and I wasn't compelled to order it again. This wine I had with a cheeseburger and quesadilla.

A little work. A little more play. Tomorrow I'll catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment